Try These Tips for Elegant Event Planning on a Budget
Display menus tastefully and use edible centerpieces, simple flowers and balloons to decorate meeting spaces on a dime.
Decorating a meeting space can be challenging—especially on a small budget. Bring your meeting to life without breaking the bank by using your food and drink elements to spice up your environment and incorporating simple flower and candle displays. Plus, don’t forget to be creative with your menus.
Here are seven tips for designing your meeting space on a dime:
- Make the menu a décor accent by writing it on simple chalkboard pallets.
- Create functional centerpieces, such as fruit or other edible options or nicely displayed supplies for working meetings.
- Use balloons tastefully add height and color to a room.
- Make drinks—and the bar—a focal point by displaying wine bottles, stemware and signature cocktails.
- Use candles to inexpensively add light, color and ambiance to any space.
- Remember that sometimes less is more—centerpieces don’t have to be huge or fussy. Use simple flowers sparingly to provide a sophisticated, simple look.
- Use food displays as decoration. Stylish candy displays, bread tables and fruit displays make great eye-catching décor accents.